Information on the ski mountaineering excursion to Mount Casale
We take the cable car from Passo Falzarego to Lagazuoi, then on a groomed run we ski down towards the Armentarola. We leave this trail as soon as we can to enter the Alpe di Lagazuoi trying to keep right under the imposing faces of Cima Scotoni and reaching the foot of the gully leading to the Forcella del Lago.
From the pass we ski down beautiful slopes right from the start of the large Ciampestrin valley that climbs up to 2912 meters and the summit of Monte Casale.
From the summit we ski directly down to the south on a long and fabulous run, reaching the entrance of the Cadin di Fanes Valley. We climb it upwards and we reach the Forcella del Quire, then we reach the Forcella Gasser Depot, skiing down on a rather steep run.
On a long traverse, without losing altitude, we reach Forcella Travenanzes. At this point it is possible to go down to Passo Falzarego on a groomed trail or ski down the steep Strobel gully.
Technical Information on the Ski Mountaineering Excursion to Mount Casale
- Mountain Ranges: Fanis Range – Mount Casale
- Support Points: Rifugio Lagazuoi – Rifugio Col Gallina
- Exposure: 360 degrees
- Total Elevation Gain: about 1640 meters
- Total Elevation Loss: about 2100 meters
- Total Excursion Time: about 6 hours
- Maximum incline descending: 40 degrees
- Cell phone Coverage: unavailable in certain areas
Please note: stable weather and well set snow are necessary for this excursion.