Information on the ski mountaineering excursion to Val Popena
By car we take the road that runs down from Lago di Misurina to Carbonin. Once we reach the vicinity of a hairpin bend, we leave the car behind in a small parking lot. We cross a small bridge and we follow the trail that climbs along the Popena brook.
At 1900 meters when the forest ends we enter a wide valley which ends up below the rocky faces of Corno d'Angolo. Near the end on a long flat stretch we turn left to reach the top of a ridge where the ruins of the old hut stand. If the snow is nicely set it is possible to continue straight up and climb either on the right or the left of the great tower of Corno d'Angolo.
Technical Information on the ski mountaineering excursion to Val Popena
- Mountain Range: Monte Cristallo
- Support Points: Malga Popena
- Exposure: North
- Level of difficulty: Easy – average skier
- Elevation gain/loss: 560 meters to the ruins
- Total Climbing Time: about 2 ½ hours to the ruins
- Total time for the excursion: about 4 hours
- Cell phone coverage: Good
Contact us for booking or for information
tel. +39 3279311671 - email@example.comContact us