Information on the excursion on snowshoes to the Giau Fork
From Cortina, we drive along the main road taking us to Giau Pass, up to the visible parking lot on the right.
The itinerary for the excursion on snowshoes to Giau Fork at first climbs gently in wide open spaces, continuing then along a long and steeper slope taking to the fork.
From the fork, we take two itineraries from the many available: one takes to a small but beautiful peak, climbing on the ridge on the right; the second, for well-trained individuals, continues along the valley towards Monte Pelmo, reaching the top of Mondeval, at an elevation of 2455 meters.
We return from the excursion on snowshoes to the Giau Fork following the faces of the Lastoni di Formin, zigzagging among large rocks at first and on to a beautiful forest of firs and larches.
Technical data for the excursion on snowshoes to the Giau Fork
- Mountain Range: Croda da Lago
- Level of difficulty: Medium-easy
- Support Points: Giau Lodge – Pezzie de Paru Lodge
- Exposure: West-South-East
- Elevation gain to the first peak: 450 meters
- Elevation gain to the second peak: 680 meters
- Total time for the excursion to the first peak: 3 to 4 hours
- Total time for the excursion to the second peak: 4 to 5 hours