Information on the trekking for peace within Dolomites without Borders
The trekking trail starts from the Tre Cime di Lavaredo, the most famous peaks in the world; it goes on to Mount Popera, crossing Cima Undici and Croda Rossa di Sesto and then into Austria, ending at Porze Hutte after nine days of walking.
Along this trekking itinerary it is possible to spend the night and sample the delicious typical mountain dishes in the 17 lodges that are the soul and the cornerstone of this bilateral initiative.
The trail can be divided into 2 or 4 legs or in one shot by the best trained participants.
The trails are well marked and totally safe going up and down passes and ledges.
The vie ferrate and the bolted trails vary in level of difficulty and length:
- Torre Toblino: Captain Hosp via ferrata (medium)
- Croda Rossa di Sesto: Costini via ferrata (medium)
- Cima Undici: bolted trail Strada degli Alpini (medium)
- Croda dei Toni: Severino Casara via ferrata (difficult)
- Monte Popera: Gabriella Ledge (medium)
- Monte Popera: Roghel via ferrata (difficult)
- Grande Kinigard: Cavallino via ferrata (medium)
- Corrado d'Ambros: Corrado d'Ambros bolted trail (easy)
- Camosci via ferrata: medium